Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kate & I

Tim & I
Kylie (:
Gina & I

so What's New? ;)


First and foremost, thanks to Jolene for organizing this gathering! Must've taken alot of effort passing around the invites on msn. Well done Jolene! (:
So it was Chinese School Gathering today, meeting up with friends I've not caught up with in awhile.. Thanks Jolene!
It was a nice catch up, met a couple of new faces, and got to know a couple of them a little better..
Time does not stop for anyone. Seeing as everyone's moved on with their life pretty well, and some coping just fine.. As I reflect upon myself, (No not up myself, just finding it most effective conveying the message using me as example)
I guess after grocery shopping, rushing back home to turn off the stove, then busing back to Knox was utterly draining. I'm finding it really hard just to keep focus as I'm currently typing this up...
However this thought steering within me, awaiting to be heard (read in this case).. I am feeling the need to blog, but unlike other blogs. This will be under the catergory of thoughts/insight.
I'm really tired.
So mind the simple use of vocab, or random thoughts here and there.
Ahaha, absolutely pointless in saying that. But... it adds a little more flavour to this post knowing it's gonna be based merely on my thoughts about life, unfortunately.
As we opened up to one another, a very very familiar quote was mentioned from my friend and I coincidently blogged about it earlier last week in "one of those moments" , "how awesome would it be to stay a kid forever" quoted my friend, but not in the exact words..
Again this reminds me of a conversation between another friend and I yesterday..

"Disney movies and lovey dovey scenes are so unrealistic, and movies like these are encouraging the unrealistic mindset upon people like us" (again not in the exact words, but I can't be bothered thinking back now)
Just because there isn't any happy endings in reality, Does not exactly mean that there isn't the existence of love?
"Plenty of fishes in the sea"
Possibly mentioned more than 5 times in this blog.
"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it. "

It is within our nature in longing to feel loved, whether if it's through the latest trend, magazine that sells, or through people. But little did we know, love is conditional. It requires something off you, a handbag would cost you your money, a magazine would cost you useless information, and a guy? Your trust, your time, and your wallet.

I'm speaking from experience, it might or might not be right...
This is so awkward. As I read it through the second time, it didn't make sense at all.. One moment, I encourage love, and the other I don't. To sum that all up, I guess.. my message for today is...
Love will come eventually, don't look too far, don't search too deep... we're all still young. ;)

4 comments:

Red Number Nine said...

Hurry up and wait
So close, but so far away
Everything that you've always dreamed of
Close enough for you to taste
But you just can't touch

You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting

[Chorus:]
We live and we learn to take
One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly
Or falling in love
It's gonna happen and it's
Supposed to happen and we
Find the reasons why
One step at a time

You believe and you doubt
You're confused, you got it all figured out
Everything that you always wished for
Could be yours, should be yours, would be yours
If they only knew

You wanna show the world, but no one knows your name yet
Wonder when and where and how you're gonna make it
You know you can if you get the chance
In your face as the door keeps slamming
Now you're feeling more and more frustrated
And you're getting all kind of impatient waiting

Sherry said...

YO :) Red Number Nine.
one step at a time-Jordin Sparks?

Love will come eventually, don't rush it.. if it's meant to be, it's meant to be :)

Like all the disney films I've seen ^^

Can-D Man said...

Really? if it was meant to be it was meant to be?
That's not reality

Reality is hard toiling and if you just wait for things like this to happen, nothing will happen
Every consider that every "love" demands a form of working at, to ensure it's lifespan doesn't end

If it's meant to be it's meant to be?
I beg to differ upon many reasons but more familiar is the point that again, life is hard and no future spouse of yours is just
going to come up to you randomly and initiate a connection
It takes two

like my friend once said

"Doing nothing changes nothing - doing things changes things"


However the point stands, no neeed to rush
It's going to happen, and it's supposed to happen

the missing line is ..

It's up to us for it to happen

Disney films tells us nothing
If anything, it's a vain attempt to enforce a mindseet upon the rising generation in the hope of change, but the failure and corruption of humanity engulfs any sort of hope of finding love so easily - with no effort made even

It's like their partner was already in reserve
The fantasy leaves a lot to be desired
unless you've seen Pocahontas 2

Sherry said...

I agree with your perspective on this, doing nothing changes nothing, doing things changes things.
and
if it's going to happen, it's supposed to happen

They both contradict with each other. & I guess.. Me for one, do make the effort to be friends with people, but if things do not turn out the way I expected. (our differences for instance) I guess.. it'll leave it at there. As there are plenty of fishes in the sea.. and some people just do not share the same views.