Friday, February 4, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone! (: Did all my asian yellow fellow buffalos get a heap of "ang paos" (or as you would call it, red packets) this year? (: Ahah, living up to the Chinese traditions and paying respect to all the married and elderly.. Despite being in Australia.. with a not-so-festive atmosphere...There's always family to fall back on.. The tradition of waking up earliest and giving thanks to both parents has been a tradition in my family since I was born.. Whoever wakes up the earliest gets the biggest *ang pao* (red packet containing the most money)
I'm thankful for a loving family, the ability to go to University, for being youthful.. (: I'm thankful for having such a comfortable living.. I'm thankful for everything my parents have given me.. I'm thankful for the friends and family I have.. Most of all, I'm thankful for having an entire month of holiday! ;)
Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments: