Sunday, June 20, 2010

Marcel Duchamp- Nude Descending a Staircase

Marcel Duchamp was a French/American Artist. Marcel Duchamp was a playful man and he dared to challenge conventional thought of artistic process and art marketing. Marcel Duchamp quoted "The individual, man as a man, man as a brain, if you like, interests me more than what he makes, because I've noticed that most artists only repeat themselves". To him chess was the movement of pieces eating one another... He was an unusual man, all artists alike.

I apologise if my last couple of blog entries have been nothing but a bore, Dancingcanvas is a semi E-diary, as well as an insight to thoughts and events which has occured in the life of SherryNg. It's a mixture of everything. :)

& quite frankly, recently... workload has been pilling up, my focus has been distracted, I've kinda loss all motivation towards VCE, and peers have been nothing but supportive within this period of time.. No, no issues as such. Just really.. de-motivated with schoolwork. Five more months till exams.. I can get through this...

Marcel Duchamp, Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh, Santiago Calatrava, Frank Gehry all had something different to offer, something spectacular; Although the wheel has already been invented, I'd like to think... "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings" Salvador Dali. "I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people" Vincent Van Gogh. "The more horrifying this world becomes, the more art becomes abstract"- Paul Klee; "There are painters who transforms the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks to their art and intelligence transform a yellow spot into the sun"- Pablo Picasso; "A man paints with his brains and not with his hand-" Michaelangelo. "Art is the Queen of all sciences communicating knowledge to all generations of the world-"Leonardo Da Vinci. I'd like to think that all artists are not nonsensical, but extraordinary intellectual beings who conveys their thoughts creatively... They are not born a genius, but they become a genius...

No comments: